Sunday, January 30, 2011

My shopping trip to Harris Teeter - 74% savings!


If you have ever considered clipping coupons but haven't tried it yet, this would be a good week to give it a shot...  Especially if you have a store nearby that doubles coupons...  And are considering having a Super Bowl party.  I won't be going to a party next Sunday but I will be eating plenty of nachos over the next couple of weeks.

Knowing that there would be some good coupons today, I bought two newspapers.  The two tubes of toothpaste, which I got for free, were enough to cover the cost of them.  Not that I really need more toothpaste...  Matt's mom, Sharon, gifted us with enough toothpaste to last us for a while.  But, hey, free is free and now I won't need to buy toothpaste for months.

Anyway.  Harris Teeter has some pretty good deals this week (until 1 Feb) and, combined with the coupons in today's paper, I spent $12.41.  I saved $34.08 which is a 74% savings.  Just to put things into perspective... I don't know if you have noticed but the Tostitos are family size bags.  At regular price, they run about $5 each.  Which means $12.41 couldn't even pay for two bags of chips and one jar of salsa.

**  To be able to get the sale price at Harris Teeter, you will need to have a store savings card.  If you don't have one, just go to the customer service desk and apply for it.


Coupons from 1/30 newspaper (Florida Times Union)

Tostitos Salsa :  $3.19 ea
On sale, BOGO, which makes it $1.60 ea - $.50 coupon (doubles to $1) = $.60 ea

Tostitos Family Size tortilla chips:  $5.00 ea
On sale, BOGO, which makes it $2.50 ea - $.55 coupon (doubles to $1.10) = $1.40 ea

Pace Picante Sauce: $2.69 ea
On sale for $2 - $.60 off 2 coupon (doubles to $1.20) = $1.40 ea

Pace Picante Salsa Verde:  $3.45
On sale for $2 - $.60 off 2 coupon (doubles to $1.20) = $1.40 ea

Wacky Veggie Pasta: $1.65
On sale, BOGO, which makes it $.83 - $.40 coupon (doubles to $.80) = $.03 ea

Colgate Toothpaste: $2.89
On sale, BOGO, which makes it  $1.44 - $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) = FREE

Online Coupons

Wholly Guacamole: $2.29
$2.29 - $1.50 coupon (no longer available) = $.79

Breakstone Sour Cream: $2.39
On sale, BOGO, which makes it $1.19 - 0.55 coupon (doubles to $1.10) = $.09 ea

On sale, No coupons

Harris Teeter Canned Tomato with Green Chili: $.99
On sale, $.45 ea

There are lots of great coupons in today's paper.  Buy one and come back to see what else you'll be able to save on.

2 comments:

  1. How is the CVS card working out? I need to get on this coupon band-wagon! Finances are definately not like the good ole days with our Frankfurt shopping trips:) Miss ya and love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monica!

    Shopping at CVS is really great. I still have to spend some money sometimes (because a lot of the times its like... Buy mascara for $7 get $2 ECB back) but if you clip coupons and try to buy the products that generate the most ECBs, you still get a great deal. Anyway, hope that makes sense to you. I should start posting the things that I get from CVS. I haven't shopped there too much lately because I'm super stocked on most things toiletry but I did recently get some mouthwash for free!
    Remember how Christy drove around the city and we had no idea where we were going? HA! I was so scared!! Miss you too and thanks for reading! We still have to get together one of these days!

    ReplyDelete